SHERWOOD-Таверна

SHERWOOD-таверна. Литературно-исторический форум

Объявление

Форум Шервуд-таверна приветствует вас!

Здесь собрались люди, которые выросли на сериале "Робин из Шервуда",
которые интересуются историей средневековья, литературой и искусством,
которые не боятся задавать неожиданные вопросы и искать ответы.

Здесь вы найдете сложившееся сообщество с многолетними традициями, массу информации по сериалу "Робин из Шервуда", а также по другим фильмам робингудовской и исторической тематики, статьи и дискуссии по истории и искусству, ну и просто хорошую компанию.

Робин из Шервуда: Информация о сериале

Робин Гуд 2006

История Средних веков

Страноведение

Музыка и кино

Литература

Джордж Мартин, "Песнь Льда и Огня"

А ещё?

Остальные плюшки — после регистрации!

При копировании и цитировании материалов форума ссылка на источник обязательна.

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Robin of Sherwood

Сообщений 1 страница 30 из 92

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_of_Sherwood

Robin of Sherwood, retitled Robin Hood in the US, was an acclaimed 1980s British television series, based on the legend of Robin Hood. It was made by HTV in association with Goldcrest, and ran from 1984 to 1986 on the ITV network. The show starred first Michael Praed then Jason Connery as two different incarnations of the title character, and was created by Richard Carpenter. Unlike previous adaptations of the Robin Hood legend, Robin of Sherwood combined a gritty, authentic production design with elements of real-life history and pagan myth.

Overview

There were three series, comprising a two-hour opening episode and 24 hour-long episodes, although the pilot is sometimes screened as two one-hour episodes. It was shot on film, and almost entirely on location, mostly in the north and west of England. The show's soundtrack was composed and performed by Irish folk group Clannad, winning a BAFTA award in 1985; their 1984 album Legend was comprised of music from the first and second series.

Together with Richard Lester's offbeat 1976 film Robin and Marian, Robin of Sherwood is probably the most influential treatment of the core Robin Hood legend since The Adventures of Robin Hood, being the first to introduce a realistic period setting and introducing the character of a Saracen outlaw.

Michael Praed played Robin Hood (or Robin of Loxley) in the first two seasons. His "Merry Men" consisted of Will Scarlet (played by Ray Winstone), who used to be known as Will Scathlock, before changing his name when his wife, Elena, was raped and trampled to death with horses by some Norman Soldiers, Little John (played by Clive Mantle), Friar Tuck (played by Phil Rose) his adopted brother Much (played by Peter Llewellyn Williams), the Saracen Nasir (played by Mark Ryan) and Lady Marian (played by Judi Trott). As in the legend, Robin is opposed by the Sheriff of Nottingham (Nickolas Grace) and Sir Guy of Gisburne (Robert Addie), as well as the Sheriff's brother Abbot Hugo (Philip Jackson) (representing all the greedy abbots in the legends). Robin is assisted by Herne the Hunter (John Abineri), who sometimes appears as a forest spirit representing the powers of light and goodness, and sometimes as a mortal man.

Robert of Huntingdon (Jason Connery) and his "Merry Men", in the final episode "The Time of The Wolf" (closing shot)At the end of the second season, Robin of Loxley is killed and Robert of Huntingdon (played by Jason Connery, whose father Sean Connery had played Robin in Robin and Marian) replaces him as Robin Hood. During the course of the season, the new Robin discovers that he is the half-brother of his nemesis Guy of Gisburne (an idea suggested to Carpenter by the fact that both actors had blond hair).

The series came to an end when Goldcrest was forced to pull out of the venture due to a downturn in the fortunes of their film arm. Goldcrest had been responsible for critical and commercial hits such as Chariots of Fire (1981) and Gandhi (1982) earlier in the eighties, but had hit a lean spell with such films as Revolution (1985) and Absolute Beginners (1986). As the series was expensive to make, HTV could not afford to produce it alone and no more episodes were made.

In April 2005, nearly twenty years after the series' cancellation, Richard Carpenter announced, via the show's official fan club, that he was writing a two-hour 'Robin of Sherwood' TV Movie for ITV [1] and that he intended to reunite as many of the surviving cast for the production as was possible.

Cast and characters

Robin of Loxley - Michael Praed
Robert of Huntingdon - Jason Connery
The Sheriff of Nottingham - Nickolas Grace
Lady Marion of Leaford - Judi Trott
Much - Peter Llewellyn Williams
Will Scarlet - Ray Winstone
Little John - Clive Mantle
Guy of Gisburne - Robert Addie
Friar Tuck - Phil Rose
Nasir - Mark Ryan
Abbot Hugo de Rainault- Philip Jackson
Prince John - Phil Davis
The Old Prisoner - Stuart Linden
Arthur the Rat - himself
Herne the Hunter - John Abineri
Edward of Wickham - Jeremy Bulloch
Baron Simon de Belleme - Anthony Valentine
Gulnar - Richard O'Brien
Meg - Claire Toeman

Crew

Directed by: Ian Sharp, Robert Young, Ben Bolt, James Allen, Gerry Mill, Sid Robertson and Alex Kirby
Produced by: Paul Knight, Esta Charkham and Patrick Dromgoole
Written by: Richard Carpenter, Anthony Horowitz, Andrew McCulloch and John Flanagan
Series created by: Richard Carpenter
Cinematography by: Roger Pearce, Howard Rockliffe, Gary Breckon and Bob Edwards
Music composed by: Clannad
Production design by: John Biggs and Ken Sharp
Costume design by: Lynette Cummin
Casting by: Esta Charkham and Beth Charkham
Stunt co-ordination by: Terry Walsh
Horse supplier: Steve Dent

Episodes

Series 1
Robin Hood and the Sorcerer, part 1 28 April 1984 Mark Audley (as Dickon), Paul Duggan (as Tom)
Robin Hood and the Sorcerer, part 2 28 April 1984 Mark Audley (as Dickon), Paul Duggan (as Tom)
The Witch Of Elsdon 5 May 1984 Angharad Rees (as Jennet of Elsdon), Cornelius Garrett (as Thomas of Elsdon)
Seven Poor Knights From Acre 12 May 1984 Yves Beneyton (as Reynald de Villaret), Duncan Preston (as Heinrich von Erlichshausen), Simon Rouse (as Siward)
Alan A Dale 19 May 1984 Peter Hutchinson (as Alan a Dale), Stephanie Tague (as Mildred)
The King's Fool 26 May 1984 John Rhys Davies (as King Richard), Gary Waldhorn (as Hubert Walter)

Series 2
Lord Of The Trees 23 March 1985 Oliver Tobias (as Bertrand de Nivelle)
The Prophecy 9 March 1985 George Baker (as Richard of Leaford), Simon Dutton (as Mark), John Nettles (as De Leon)
The Children Of Israel 16 March 1985 David de Keyser (as Joshua de Talmont), Katharine Levy (as Sarah de Talmont)

The Swords Of Wayland, part 1 6 April 1985 Rula Lenska (as Morgwyn of Ravenscar), Dallas Adams (as Peter Verdelet), Norman Bowler (as Adam the miller)
The Swords Of Wayland, part 2 6 April 1985 Rula Lenska (as Morgwyn of Ravenscar), Dallas Adams (as Peter Verdelet), Anthony Steel (as Earl Godwin)

The Enchantment 30 March 1985 Gemma Craven (as Lilith)
The Greatest Enemy 13 April 1985 Robert Daws (as Hubert de Giscard)

Series 3

Herne’s Son, part 1 5 April 1986 George Baker (as Richard of Leaford), Michael Craig (as Earl of Huntingdon), Oliver Cotton (as Lord Owen of Clun), Richard O'Brien (as Gulnar), Daniel Peacock (as Sergeant Sparrow)
Herne’s Son, part 2 12 April 1986 George Baker (as Richard of Leaford), Michael Craig (as Earl of Huntingdon), Oliver Cotton (as Lord Owen of Clun), Richard O'Brien (as Gulnar), Daniel Peacock (as Sergeant Sparrow]]
The Power of Albion 19 April 1986 George Baker (as Richard of Leaford)
The Inheritance 26 April 1986 Cathryn Harrison (as Isadora), Cyril Cusack (as Agrivaine), Jeremy Sinden (as Mortimer)
The Cross of St. Ciricus 3 May 1986 Dorothy Tutin (as Lady Margaret)
The Sheriff of Nottingham 10 May 1986 Lewis Collins (as Philip Mark), Valentine Pelka (as Sarak), Robert Daws (as Hubert de Giscard), Maureen Bennett (as Alison)
Cromm Cruac 17 May 1986 John Horsley (as Abbot), Richard O'Brien (as Gulnar), Claire Parker (as Elena), Ian Redford (as Tom the Miller)
The Betrayal 24 May 1986 Matt Frewer (as Roger de Carnac), Ian Redford (as Tom)
Adam Bell 31 May 1986 Bryan Marshall (as Adam Bell), Patrick Travis (as Matthew), Amanda Hillwood (as Lady Isabel)
The Pretender 7 June 1986 Reece Dinsdale (as Arthur), Patricia Hodge (as Queen Hadwisa)
Rutterkin 14 June 1986 Michael Craig (as Earl of Huntingdon), Ian Ogilvy (as Lord Edgar), Annabel Lee (as Mad Mab)
The Time of the Wolf, part 1 21 June 1986 Richard O'Brien (as Gulnar), John Harding (as William Brewer), Maureen Bennett (as Alison)
The Time of the Wolf, part 2 28 June 1986 Richard O'Brien (as Gulnar), John Harding (as William Brewer), Maureen Bennett (as Alison)

It's very strange that 'Children of Israel' and 'Enchantment' are before 'Swords'.   :yahoo:
If I don't mistake such order is in Cathe's disks.

Отредактировано Nasir (03-08-2006 13:15:59)

Is it correct now?  :)

I think so. 'Correct' for the Director. But not for us.  :dirol:

The Swords Of Wayland, part 1 6 April 1985

I like this date... Mrrrrr... :rolleyes:

Nasir написал(а):

I like this date

Why?  :)

It's my birthday.

1985?  :D

No.  :D
We are coeval.

:) A nice people are born in April .  :drinks:

June is more rich on nice people...  :fans:

:)
April -  Michael Praed, our Nasir, Pirhiya and Hila.
June - Mark Rayan, our Bobby,  Avihay and me :)

I have forgotten  someone?

I think there's necessity to publicate all birhtdays of forum-members. In order to... 'Nothing is forgotten'...

It'is a good idea.  :fans:

i believe this is a great one  :give_rose:

https://sherwood.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?pid=12653#p12653

The list of birthdays

"Robin of Sherwood"??? deleted scenes??!!  :blush2:  oh my God!  :help: thank you very much for this information. i see we have plenty of new things to wait for!
recently i bought the first 2 seasons of RoS but there were no deleted scenes on it. Do you think they will be on a new DVD? is there anyone who's going to buy it and is it possible for us to know what's exactly there on this RoS as additional materials? would you be so kind to tell us Andromeda?  :give_rose:

Отредактировано Cathy (03-08-2006 17:02:55)

Cathy
I think we have deleted scenes on your disks. So called 'Out takes'.

Отредактировано Nasir (03-08-2006 17:30:18)

i think we should check it later with peeps who are going to buy new DVDs
it would be so great if there are deleted scenes that we've never seen before  :rolleyes:
but Nasir you may be right, it could be the same

Well, I hope I didn't get that wrong, but on Amazon.de it said the DVD had as special features:
* The Making of 'Robin Hood' (60 min)
* 3 audiocommentaries from Richard Carpenter and Ian Sharp
* Outtakes (9 Min)
* 'Electric Theatre Show' - Featurette from 1983 (26 Min.), 'Electric Theatre Show' documentary - unpublished scenes (68 Min.)
* Promotion recordings from Clannad (12 Min.)

I thought the "unpublished scenes" meant scenes from the movie? When you have the English DVD there should be the same special features. For Germany the just add the German language, they usually don't make a new DVD.

Andromeda thank you for your information. I rely on Nasir who's got the original DVDs - he knows for sure. In any way i'm glad for German fans who's going to get this DVD. a great purchase before new BBC series i guess :)

Really, I shall be jumping like Tigger if your assumption is right.  :D

Отредактировано Nasir (03-08-2006 17:47:42)

The German variant of a serial is reduced. :(

Series are shorter original for five - seven minutes.
Probably, these deleted scenes mean?

it could be
i hate it when they cut original series on national TV channels

That's true and I hate that, too!  :threaten: But that wouldn't make for the 9 min Outtakes. I think they cut about 5 min from each part of the series to make it fit in a 45 min slot. In the review someone refered to the outtakes as "bloopers" so I think these are real outtakes.

From what I heard they have the series itself in the original length and have the formerly cut parts subtitled (because they have no German audio for it).

Оnce I  looked one series in German. With German audio. Certainly, I have understood nothing. But a series was shorter original. You think, in German version DVD there will be original series with subtitles, or the sounded and missing fragments separately?

Well, I can only speak from other DVDs I saw. In some older movies the had the movies at full length and subtitled the additional parts (mainly because the actors who originally dubbed it were already dead).
The Star Trek-Series (another series they did cut to make it fit for an 45 min slot) they had it in full length on the DVD and dubbed the additional parts new. On the DVD for North & South (the Patrick Swayze thing  :D ) you have the option to choose between the original version (with subtitles on the additional parts) oder the cut German version.

So I strongly believe that the series itself will be in its original length, and not the fragments separately. I'Ve never seen that done before. I suppose when you listen to the German audio they will the addtional fragments either have subtitled or newly dubbed. But either way we still have the chance to listen to the English version!  :D (My husband's English is not very good so he woudn't buy it without German audio).

Отредактировано Andromeda (03-08-2006 22:37:52)

Andromeda and did you like RoS series, i mean your general impression? have you got favourite characters? and when did you see these series?

I liked Robin of Sherwood very much. I saw it when it was broadcasted in Germany 20 years ago. That's why I'm so delighted there will be a German DVD now.

I always liked Michael Praed's Robin best. I remember being heartbroken when he died... I never could really get used to Jason Connery (and him on top of all being blonde!).

I'm not a huge Robin Hood fan in general, like you are. But when I would be asked which movie I thought had the most "Robin Hood feeling", I would choose Robin of Sherwood. It was, as a whole, totally believable and held a wonderful balance between the fantasy genre and the medieval. And, of course, it was thrilling and interesting, but that's the least I expect from a series like that. It was, all in all, a perfect mixture of all it should be. I think that's the reason why it made such a deep impression on me and let me hope for a re-run these last 20 years...

Hi, Andromeda!

I know, you will feel pleasure from repeated viewing a serial. If you liked it 20 years ago, will grow fond again.
Michael in my opinion - the best  Robin in the cinema.  :heart:  Other Robins only pale shadows.  :)

We are great fans of a theme of  Robin and spirit of Sherwood.   :fans:   :elf:  We are interested  everything, that concerns a theme.
I love all the images of legends. Each of them has the destiny and the unique story.
The greatest interest caused by  Robin and sir Guy. They represent two systems, interest should cause two way of life and their opposition.
In the RoS this idea is not developed completely. We dream and we develop it. :aikido:

I looked the RoS in 1985, the duplicated variant, on russian. The original version became a surprise. I could hear the true voices of heroes.
I want to trust, that magic will not leave us never.    :heart: